Excited 2015

On May 21st, 22nd & 23rd I attended the Excited the Digital Learning Festival in Dublin Castle.

I was delighted to attend the conference for the second year now. The year before was amazing and I had no doubt that this year would be the same, and I was right.



The first day of the event ( Thursday 21st ),  Excited had a 'Digital Youth Council Day' . The day was for all members new and old, and it gave us the opportunity to do some pretty cool things which included build 'little bits' and 'Glowies' with the amazing, Mags Amond and also work with RTE Mojo journalist, Glenn Mulcahy.



The second day of the event ( Friday 22nd ) started off with a great breakfast morning with Accenture, the rest of the day was dedicated to schools. It was a a day were the kids really had the opportunity to build some really cool things including a model of Dublin City , build Little bits and then also participate in a Dragons Den competition. There was also speakers in the evening but unfortunately I couldn't attend.

The day brought back great memories because it was that day last year that inspired me to start the Digital Youth Council, that day showed me how important it is to listen to our young people and give them the opportunity to get involved in STEAM.


The third and final day ( Saturday 23rd ) day was a day filled with amazing speakers, panels and fantastic school projects. I had the amazing opportunity to go around to every student exhibiting their fantastic projects and see how they made/designed them.

Afterwards I had the chance to sit down with Stephen and Blathnaid from TwoTube along with Edel, Daniel, Lee and Niamh from the Digital Youth Council to prepare for our panel.



Our panel went brilliantly!

The whole three days were absolutely amazing and once again I left inspired and motivated for the year ahead with the Digital Youth Council.

Congrats to all of Team Excited!

Also check out: www.excited.ie for more info.

0 comments:

Post a Comment